Although it is still warm in the Forney area, it is time to begin thinking about Fall HVAC tips and preparing for the winter months. If you haven’t already checked and changed your air filters, you should do that soon.
Cooler weather will cause your A/C unit to run less and as fall sets in you’ll eventually be using your furnace to heat your home. We can’t say this enough: Have your HVAC system checked and maintained regularly. A good rule is every spring and every fall.
Fall HVAC Tips
1. Schedule a heating system tune up. Early September to late September is the best time to have a heating tune up on your HVAC system. A heating system maintenance will help your HVAC system run smoothly and more efficiently.
2. Replace your filters. As mentioned previously, this is incredibly important. Many places will say every fall and spring, but this is not enough. You should replace your air filters regularly. Once a month is not too much.
3. Add insulation to your attic. Forney and the surrounding areas see 100 degree heat in the summer and can see temperatures in the teens during winter. Adding attic insulation can help keep the heat in your home and therefore require the HVAC system to work less.
4. Check the thermostat. Make sure your thermostat is reading properly. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider upgrading to one so that you can save money while your asleep or at work for the day.
5. Check Airways for debris. Check your air vents to make sure dust, pet hair and other debris are not blocking the return air flow back to your HVAC unit. This will help the unit work less and reduce the amount of debris your air filter has to catch.
Lakeside Air serves Forney, Sunnyvale, Terrell, Mesquite, Heath and Rockwall. Contact us today to schedule your routine maintenance or for any other HVAC needs.